Early Childhood / Early Childhood Special Education
AHSTW Community School District is currently seeking candidates for an opening in the area of Early Childhood / Early Childhood Special Education. We believe our early childhood staff members have a tremendous impact on each student's educational career and enjoyment of school and we are in search of a candidate dedicated to do just that
- Valid Iowa Teaching Certificate in the area of assigned: Early Childhood and Early Childhood Special Education. ECSE preferred but not required.
The responsibilities of the position of Early Childhood and Early Childhood Special Education may include:
- Provides instruction for students in a variety of settings including: individual, small group, and/or large group.
- Implements a variety of instructional strategies and materials designed to meet the needs and understanding of individual students.
- Develops objectives for each lesson, unit, and assessment so students have a clear understanding of the learning in each course.
- Implements researched based grading practices designed to provide timely and specific feedback to enhance student growth.
- Evaluates assessments, both formative and summative, to guide and adjust learning activities to meet the needs of our students.
- Creates a classroom with safe and caring classroom environment.
- Actively participate on early childhood PLC teams, as well as building and district level teams.
- Builds positive relationships with students, colleagues, and parents.
- Models appropriate interpersonal skills to enhance classroom, building, and district culture and sense of community.
- Meets the expectations of the Iowa Teaching Standards.
- Other duties as assigned by building principal.
AHSTW is located in the beautiful Southwest Iowa community of Avoca. Avoca has recently been named a “Mainstreet Community” for its progressive vision for quality-of-life living. AHSTW proudly serves Avoca, Hancock, Shelby, Tennant, and Walnut. AHSTW serves nearly 780 students and is a 1:1 device district that strives to meet the individual learning goals of all students so they are college or career ready. We are located right on I-80 and have close proximity to Omaha/Council Bluffs, Des Moines, and great outdoor opportunities with hunting and fishing. Position will remain open until filled.
Interested applicants are asked to submit the following:
- Letter of Interest
Please submit to:
Mrs. Sarah Kock
AHSTW Primary Principal
763 S. Maple Street
Avoca, IA 51521
AHSTW CSD is an AA/EOE. The district reserves the right to close the position upon finding a suitable applicant.