GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The position of Associate Vice Chancellor for Academics (AVCA) shall report directly to the Vice Chancellor for Academics (VCA) and serve on the VCAs academic leadership team. The Associate Vice Chancellor for Academics will demonstrate experience and commitment to the comprehensive community college mission; student success; shared governance; program development, support, and review; program and institutional accreditation; faculty and staff support and development; assessment of student learning; co-curricular assessment; enrollment management; continuous quality improvement; innovation; technology; and the use of data for decision making. The AVCA must embrace a commitment to communication, collaboration, and transparency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the academic officer for the Heber Springs campus in conjunction with the Vice Chancellor for Academics (VCA), Academic Deans, and Directors/Program Coordinators and office there at least three days per week.
- Support the VCA in the development of enrollment growth strategies for programs at each ASU-Beebe campus with special emphasis placed on programs at Heber Springs Campus and Lonoke Business Academy.
- Serve an instrumental role in the assessment of academic and co-curricular programs to include measurement of program level and course level outcomes for improvement. Serve as a member of the college’s Student Success Council.
- Engage in the development of collaborative, innovative strategies and review of data to support student success frameworks to include retention, persistence, completion, transfer, and employment.
- In concert with the VCA, support the college’s compliance with the requirements established by Arkansas Department of Higher Education, the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), and all other institutional and program accreditations.
- Effectively manage resources and provide budgetary oversight for assigned academic functions.
- In concert with VCA, Academic Deans, and Program Coordinators, support the processes of semester course/class scheduling, program development, and room usage.
- Work closely with the VCA and Human Resources to determine that search committees are efficient in the planning, advertising, recruitment, and hiring of qualified faculty and academic staff.
- Collaborate, as needed, with the Chancellor and the leadership team members in advancing the mission and priorities of the College.
- Travel to and from ASU-Beebe’s four campuses is required.
- Assist VCA and Deans in providing leadership, mentoring, and management of personnel across the faculty and academic staff.
- Support the college’s Concurrent Education initiatives to include NACEP Accreditation, faculty development and review, student engagement, and Concurrent Testing policies and procedures.
- Support the college’s Distance Education initiatives to include course development, course delivery, CANVAS LMS software, and Distance Education Testing policies, procedures, and software.
- Support the Office of Academics in the updating and publishing of materials such as, but not limited to, the college catalog, faculty handbook, academic calendar, and standard operating procedures.
- At the request of the VCA, Work closely with Faculty Senate, and other assigned committees in the facilitation of meeting goals and objectives that align with the college’s strategic plan and mission.
- At the request of the VCA, participate in ASU System and state organizations meetings and activities, and collaborate with colleagues across the state.
- Assist in the professional development activities for faculty and academic staff.
Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Terminal Degree (PhD, Ed.D) within a discipline offered by the college; four years experience of progressive academic leadership experience to include, but not limited to, program coordinator, director, chair, and dean. Regional and National Accreditation Experience. Four years Community College teaching experience. Experience with BANNER and CANVAS.