Elementary School Principal
Job Opening Information Elementary School Principal
Position Start Date
- Position Title
- Elementary School Principal
- Required Application Type
- Teacher / Admin
- Salary/Pay Scale
- Commensurate with Experience
- Job Description
- Engage the educational community in collaborative planning for the benefit of all students
- Provide leadership to the professional staff in planning, developing, and assessing the instructional program to insure continuous improvement
- Administer the elementary school to provide the best educational program with the financial resources available
- Promote on-going professional development for all staff
- Articulate the goals of the school to staff, students, and community
- Supervise, observe, and evaluate the faculty and staff of the school
- Coordinate the implementation of the educational program and services and assess the results
- Plan, organize, implement, and assess the results of the state and district testing program in the elementary school
- Facilitate collaboration among faculty, staff, and community
- Visit classrooms regularly and meet with teachers to discuss plans and issues
- Advise Central Office of the staffing needs and manage the recruitment and selection of staff for the school
- Coordinate the pupil services program in the school
- Prepare and administer the school budget
- Supervise the maintenance of physical facilities and grounds
- Encourage parental involvement in school programs and organize parental participation on selected school committees
- Other tasks as assigned by the Superintendent of Schools
- Job Qualifications
- Successful teaching experience
- Administrative experience preferred
- Appropriate New York State Administrative Certification (SBL)
- Knowledge of elementary curriculum, instructional methods, and school organization
- Skills in communications (written and verbal), planning, problem solving, decision making and human relations
- Application Procedure
To successfully apply for this position, please include, along with your online application, the following:
- Cover letter
- Three (3) written letters of recommendation
- A statement that shows your past and current efforts, as well as, future plans to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in the Brighton Central School District.
-Professional Organizations and Affiliations
Join the Brighton Central School District!
Please visit our website (www.bcsd.org) and apply for this position by using the Job Opportunities tab under Quick Links on our homepage.
Why Brighton Central School District?
The Brighton Central School District in upstate New York is located in a family-oriented community offering excellent public services and recreation to residents of all ages. The town includes attractive residential properties, small businesses and professional office buildings with convenient access to the City of Rochester's cultural, educational and commercial opportunities. Brighton is a cosmopolitan community with people of diverse nationalities, religions and ethnic backgrounds.
The name Brighton Central Schools has become synonymous with quality education, and many of our district's residents choose to live here because of our outstanding educational system. Students, staff, parents and residents are proud of their schools and maintain an active interest and involvement long after their children have grown. This translates into strong, consistent support for budgets and capital projects.
Commitment to Diversity:
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are integral to a thriving community of learners. Brighton is deeply committed to empowering students to celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion as they embark on achieving their full potential for personal development, educational success, and lifelong learning.
Brighton Central School District seeks candidates for faculty and staff positions that are eager to make Brighton an even more diverse and inclusive district for its students to thrive within. A range of backgrounds and perspectives leads to a variety of ideas, knowledge, and approaches, and we believe that a deep understanding and valuing of differences is necessary to our overall mission.
We are committed to equipping students with knowledge, values, and skills that will enrich their lives and enable them to become responsible, contributing citizens of a changing global community. We seek to foster a community that appreciates the benefits and responsibilities of living in a diverse world.
The Brighton Central School District is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age. Further, the District does not discriminate on the basis of religion or creed, sexual orientation, military status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, criminal arrest or conviction record, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal non-discrimination.
This metropolitan region is known for its vast selection of family-oriented activities and attractions. The third largest city in New York State, the greater Rochester region is inhabited by a little more than one million people. Conveniently located, Rochester is a six hour drive from New York City, 3 1/2 hours from Toronto and 90 minutes from Niagara Falls. From listening to great jazz on the streets to children being entertained at the second largest children’s museum in the U.S., Rochester is filled with museums, attractions, music, theater, festivals, sports, special events and more. Former home to pioneers and independent thinkers like Susan B. Anthony and Frederick Douglass, Rochester has worked hard to preserve and honor its history. Ultimately, Rochester's biggest asset is its people – Rochester is a welcoming and friendly place.
- Job Location
- French Road Elementary School