Special Ed Teacher
Come join our caring team of professionals in a supportive, play-based classroom environment and also receive a $3,000 sign on bonus.
Capital District Beginnings is an educational agency providing services for pre-school children with special needs through collaborative programs in the Capital District. Our philosophy is to teach children with disabilities in their natural learning environment. Beginnings is currently seeking a full-time (37.50 hours per week) Special Education Classroom teacher in Hoosick Falls, NY to join our growing community of professionals.
As a Special Education Classroom Teacher you will work closely with Beginnings therapists and the Early Childhood Teacher in an integrated setting within one of our collaborative pre-school programs. In this position the Special Education Teacher will develop and implement the IEP in collaboration with the classroom team, as well as coordinate team/collaboration meetings, participate in professional development and supervise the Teacher Aide.
This position offers the following benefits:
- Access to Beginnings health, dental and vision insurance
- Agency paid benefits including group life insurance, short term and long-term disability
- Eligibility to participate in Beginnings 401k retirement plan
- Paid school breaks and holidays (6-week summer program option)
- Opportunity to participate in Agency organized professional development and transdisciplinary teams
- Mentoring, professional development days and PD/tuition reimbursement offered
New teachers or Bachelor’s degree candidates who have the ability to participate in a pathway to obtain appropriate certification are welcome.
- Special Education B-2 NYS Certification OR (ability to participate in a pathway to obtain certification)
- Successful completion of day care clearance requirements upon offer
The interview process will begin immediately. Please submit your resume in response to the attached ad and complete the application at: http://completepayroll.evolutionadvancedhr.com/JobApplication.aspx?jobpostingkey=51de1a0a-be85-4e46-b58b-0ed016127483'
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Signing bonus
- Special education: 1 year (Preferred)
- Teaching Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer we do not discriminate against any protected class of job applicant or employee in our employment practices, unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.