After School Program Facilitator
Position Title: Facilitator
Salary/Pay Scale: $15.50/hour
Job Purpose: Is responsible for providing assistance to the Assistant Program Director, and Teacher Facilitator in implementing an after school program for students. To provide support to the Assistant Program Director, and Teacher Facilitator by assisting in planning and implementing special interest clubs, field trips, and maintaining student and staff ratios.
Hours: Approximately 9 hrs/week. Some evening and weekends
- Provides assistance to the Assistant Program Director by assisting in planning and implementing after school programming including but not limited to field trips and special events
- Maintains student to staff ratios by helping youth complete activities
- Assists in maintaining detailed attendance and all other documentation necessary for reporting
- Provides support to partners and teachers by providing assistance to learners in order to meet NYS learning standards and program objectives and outcomes
- Maintains all confidential information of the organization and their efforts
- Protects the financial resources of the agency initiatives by controlling expenses, submitting financial reports to various funding sources and fundraising
- Supports agency goals and objectives by providing program staffing and coordination as needed
- Promotes program through monthly schedules and communication with parents and school staff
Minimum Qualifications: High School diploma or higher in Education, Child Development, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work or related Human Service field AND direct experience with children and at-risk populations required. Reliable transportation and valid New York State Driver’s License required. Experience with Microsoft computer applications and ability to communicate with the manage electronic mail software program required. Fingerprint and background clearance required under LAWS of New York 2001, CHAPTER 180 and its subsequent amendments.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience working in an educational setting preferred. Previous work experience with demonstrated reliability and organizational skills. Demonstrated communication skills in electronic format and verbal. Knowledge of the social service system and agency-based responses available for student/youth intervention services.
Reports to: Assistant Program Director
Immediate Supervisor: Assistant Program Director
Work Site: Friendship Central School- Friendship, NY