Director of Technology Education, Teachers and Substitutes
OLONIAL HEIGHTS CITY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
HIGH SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
DIRECTOR OF TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION
ELEMENTARY ED TEACHER
SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER
SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST
A Professional Teaching Certificate with an endorsement in the area assigned is required
No prior job experience is required
Other alternatives to the above qualifications that the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
Personal characteristics necessary for working with students, staff members, administration, and parents
Principal or designated administrator
Staff members designated by the Board or the Superintendent
To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and women. Complies with all School Board Policies and Administrative Regulations and State Board of Education Requirements.
1. Meet and instruct assigned classes in the locations and the times designated
2. Plan a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interest, and abilities of the students while following the school district pacing guides.
3. Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning, correlated to the Standards of Learning, and appropriate to the maturity and interest of the students
4. Prepare for classes assigned and show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior
5. Encourage students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior; model appropriate communication skills by using standard grammar, good diction, and correct spelling
6 Employ lesson plans to guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals, , establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects; communicate these objectives to students and parents.
7. Employ a variety of instructional techniques and technology, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved
8. Strive to implement by instruction and action the city's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives stated in the Standards of Quality, Standards of Learning, and the school divisions' curriculum
9. Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required
10. Identify the learning problems/difficulties of students on a regular basis, seeking assistance of city specialists as required
11. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities
12. Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, city policy, and administrative regulation
13. Assist the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct; develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure; maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner; demonstrate the ability to handle unforeseen problems effectively
14. Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s), cooperatively with lead teachers, and evaluate their job performance
15. Make provisions for being available to students and parents for education- related purposes outside of the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms
16. Strive to maintain and improve professional competence; participate in the in-service programs provided by the school division; meet technology competencies as provided by the Board
17. Attend staff meetings and serve on staff committees as required
18. Cooperate, relate well with associates, and reflect appropriate appearance, personality, and self control
19. Other duties as assigned by the Principal or Board
Involves limited physical tasks including lifting, and may involve operation of equipment such as computer, copier, overhead projector, etc.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Based on Teacher Salary Scale and experience as approved by the School Board.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the School Board's Teacher Performance Evaluation System.