Early Learning and Care Representative
CSEA, One of New York State’s largest labor unions, is seeking resumes for an Early Learning and Care Representative
The position requires travel throughout the Central and Western regions New York State.
- The Representative’s responsibility is to grow union membership and build the union’s capacity to represent the members who are registered family and licensed group child care providers (VOICE/CCPT).
- To this end the Representative will recruit members; identify potential activists/leaders; facilitate labor relations, implementation of contracts and provide representation throughout dispute resolution processes; assist with recruitment, training and mentoring/coaching of Union Stewards; coordinate mobilization of VOICE and CCPT members to assist in issue campaigns at county, state and national levels; assist in developing internal and external communications and work across CSEA departments to reach program goals.
Starting Salary: $63,900
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized college or university in Early Childhood Education or Labor Relations; or an Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education and a minimum of two years experience in organizing and representing independent providers in a union or community-based setting.
- OR a satisfactory combination of education, training and experience as determined by CSEA.
- Candidate must possess a valid NYS Drivers’ License and car for business use.
Equal Opportunity Employer