Gaston College is seeking applicants for a Instructor-Esthetics, 9-Month opening.
Open Until Filled
Annual Salary: $43,830.00 - $51,849.00 per year
A full-time faculty member is a College employee whose primary assignment involves teaching or the direct support of teaching. The position of full-time faculty member is a demanding one that involves delivery of instruction, preparation and evaluation of such instruction, accessibility to students, committee assignments, and service to College and community. Teach day and evening classes at multiple instruction sites as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct assigned classes of instruction in the best manner to achieve student learning; present information, ideas, and skills in ways which are appropriate to a variety of learning styles and which show sensitivity to a diverse student population.
- Provide students with the approved course syllabus and relate instruction and evaluation to that syllabus.
- Treat students with tact and respect; maintain collegial relationships; and work productively as a member of a team.
- Evaluate achievement with timely interim and final performance evaluations and assign grades which reflect College policy and the achievement of course objectives as stated in the syllabus.
- Provide academic advising, maintain regular office hours, and maintain overall accessibility to students, which necessitates flexibility in arranging out-of-class consultations to accommodate student needs.
- Maintain instructional quality and effectiveness through constant and timely revisions of programs and course syllabi within assigned content area.
- Maintain class records and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Develop new courses and select and recommend appropriate instructional materials and textbooks.
- Maintain a high standard of professional and ethical practice in representing the College. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive and/or confidential information. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the field or discipline with continued adherence to professional accountability. Provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships. Accept responsibility for managing situations and problems. Utilize independent judgment in problem-solving of complex issues. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives. Adhere to the College’s policies, procedures, and other established guidelines.
- Serve on College committees.
- Attend and otherwise participate in scheduled department, division, and College meetings and participate in graduation.
- Maintain currency in content areas through appropriate professional development.
- Participate in activities that enhance the College’s service to students and to the community.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of an Associate degree required.
- Credentialing as an Esthetics or Cosmetology Instructor required.
- Must meet minimum SACS criteria and the minimum criteria of other pertinent accrediting, licensing, and credentialing agencies in the area of teaching assignment.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience teaching college-level courses required.
- Community college teaching experience preferred.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, and/or pull up to 25 pounds.
- Frequent standing, walking, stooping, and bending required.
- Exposure to typical elements associated with an esthetics classroom and lab environment.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
Gaston College provides a comprehensive, affordable insurance and benefits program. We are continuously investigating new benefit offerings that are responsive to the needs of our regular** employees.
- State Health Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Additional Supplemental Insurances
- NC State Retirement Plan
- Supplemental Retirement Plans
- Disability Benefits, Long- and Short-Term
- Longevity Pay
- State Employees' Credit Union Eligibility
- Leave (Vacation, Sick, FMLA, Civil and Military, Child/Student Involvement, Education, and Voluntary Shared)
- Paid Holidays
- Educational Advancement Compensation
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Discount Program
Click "apply" to submit your application today!
Notice of Nondiscrimination - Gaston College is committed to affirmative action and equal opportunity in employment and educational programs and activities and does not discriminate against all persons on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, age, or veterans’ status. Gaston College supports protections under all applicable state and federal laws including, but not limited to, the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and Title II of the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA) of 2008. Inquiries regarding affirmative action/equal opportunity should be directed to: Chief of Staff (Employees) or Vice President for Student Affairs (Students), 201 Highway 321 South, Dallas, NC 28034 or call 704.922.6200.