Dean - College Now
Gaston College is seeking to fill the following position:
Dean - College Now ($69,066 Annually)
The Dean of College Now is responsible for building strong partnerships with local education agencies, private schools, and other educational entities in Gaston and Lincoln counties. The Dean provides leadership in the areas of middle and elementary schools, along with recruitment, admissions, registration, and graduation/completion for high school students to create and sustain a diverse and inclusive community of learners. The Dean plans, manages, coordinates, and supervises the operations and activities of the College Now department; ensures that high professional standards and effective curriculum are maintained within the dual enrollment program; and ensures that dual enrollment policies and procedures are developed and administered in compliance with college, state, and other regulations. Provides leadership and is responsible for the administration, assessment, and growth of the College Now program. In collaboration with other areas of the College and local high schools, develops, implements, and maintains the College’s dual enrollment program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise, evaluate, and continually improve recruitment activities of dual enrollment students; supervise, manage, evaluate and ensure compliance of all aspects of the College Now enrollment/admissions process; interpret and articulate policies and procedures to ensure smooth enrollment for dual enrollment students entering the College.
- Develop and implement enrollment and retention goals and objectives for the College Now program in collaboration with academic departments that support the mission of the College. Gather facts and opinions from internal and external sources as a basis for planning; develop long- and short-range goals for the fulfillment of the institution's dual enrollment and retention goals; monitor and evaluate progress toward meeting goals.
- Manage fiscal, operational, and human resources, including faculty and staff needs, equipment and materials selection, facilities utilization, and operational expenses. Coordinate the assessment and analysis of budget needs; revise the budget as necessary and monitor expenditures. Review and coordinate the use of instructional resources (faculty, staff, equipment, and space).
- Implement recruitment and awareness activities to promote College Now, which include visits to area schools, events for guidance counselors and principals, programs for prospective College Now students, curriculum fairs, and awareness campaigns targeting parents and students.
- Maintain positive relationships and collaborate with divisional and department faculty and staff of the College to carry out their divisional high school programming plans and College goals.
- Collaborate with Local Educational Agencies (LEAs), academic divisions, and Curriculum Committee to develop, plan, implement, and administer high school programs and the curriculum courses offered.
- Collect and maintain data related to the College Now program through reports, surveys, and focus groups to determine the effectiveness of the program, summarizing and making known the results to the Vice President of Educational Partnerships.
- Work in cooperation with Marketing to develop the dual enrollment marketing plan(s).
- Organize and generate applicable Memorandums of Agreement/Understanding, instructional contracts, and other documents related to the implementation of high school programs and off-campus curriculum offerings.
- Supervise assigned personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; conduct performance appraisals, and manage performance through coaching and accountability; make recommendations for professional growth and development, and propose personnel actions up to and including recommendations for discipline.
- Plan and implement strategies to assist faculty in dealing with dual enrollment student needs.
- Provide leadership, management, and supervision to assigned areas of responsibility; plan, implement, and evaluate goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures related to the assigned areas of responsibility.
- Provide administrative assistance to executive management on matters related to areas of responsibility; prepare and present reports and recommendations as requested. Prepare reports relative to individual and departmental productivity level, institutional effectiveness, and accreditation standards.
- Review and process requests for equipment repair, travel, supply purchases, and reimbursements.
- Actively participate in the hiring and selection of full- and part-time positions in the areas of responsibility and ensure that all applicable credentialing requirements are met; provide orientation of new faculty and staff.
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures of the College, NC Community College System, NC Department of Public Instruction, and applicable state and federal guidelines.
- Maintain and correctly manage confidential information in accordance with FERPA regulations.
- Maintain a high standard of professionalism in representing the College including confidentiality in all aspects of the position’s responsibilities and adherence to policies, procedures, and other established guidelines. Adhere to professional accountability and accept responsibility for managing situations and problems.
- Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives and provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution required.
- Coursework or training in administration, management, or supervision preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Two years’ experience in college admissions, advising, recruitment, retention, or related activities required.
- Experience in an administrative leadership position or comparable evidence of leadership and supervisory responsibilities required.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships within the College, with high schools, and within the community, ability to manage multiple projects in a timely manner, and skill in presenting ideas and concepts verbally and in writing required.
- Background in K-12 and/or college advising preferred.