Georgia Southwestern State University – a four-year institution – cultivates excellence in learning and teaching that encourages intellectual, personal, and social growth for students, faculty, staff, and the community. Georgia Southwestern State University is a comprehensive state university within the University System of Georgia that offers a full range of bachelor degree programs, along with selected master’s and specialist degree programs.
Georgia Southwestern is committed to serving the needs of its developing region with educational programs for high school, for professional and technical graduates; post-graduate professional training; research and business services; and cultural enrichment. Through its national and international affiliations, the University links Southwest Georgia with the global economy and actively fosters a greater understanding of international business and culture.
This position is responsible for assisting in managing the maintenance of student records.
- Manages graduation functions. (50%)
- Processes graduation audits and clears students for graduation.
- Orders diplomas and diploma covers.
- Assists with graduation ceremonies.
- Corresponds with students, faculty, and advisors on graduation issues.
- Maintains student records. (35%)
- Updates and maintains the Student Educational Planner templates(SEP).
- Updates and maintains student records in Banner, XTender and DegreeWorks.
- Processes and updates data to the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Facilitates the running of the Academic Data Collection(ADC) .
- Performs other management duties. (10%)
- Assists faculty and staff in resolving student issues.
- Performs the duties of the Registrar in his or her absence.
- Performs a variety of related duties. (5%)
- Baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field required.
- More than three years of related experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of student records management principles.
- Knowledge of university graduation policies and processes.
- Knowledge of Banner and DegreeWorks and Student Educational Planner.
- Knowledge of data analysis and reporting.
- Skill in the operation of computers and job-related software programs.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in taking direction and implementing a plan of action.
- Skill in working both independently and cooperatively with office coworkers and staff.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at 229-931-2000 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating eligibility for employment with Georgia Southwestern State University, as determined by Georgia Southwestern State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check and drug screen.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southwestern State University is an equal opportunity employer. As such, the University takes affirmative action to preclude discrimination in recruiting, transferring, training and terminating of employees because of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, veterans status, disability or any other reason in accordance with applicable state and federal statutes, executive orders and other regulations which prohibit discriminatory employment practices.