(GVSU) Adjunct Faculty in Area & Global Studies
Grand Valley State University's Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies is seeking adjunct faculty for Area & Global Studies (academic year/part-time). Requires some in-person instruction at Allendale, MI campus.
This is a Part-Time Adjunct Faculty Instructor position. We are seeking candidates to teach a range of introductory and upper-division level courses with expertise in one or more of the following areas: Latinx, Chicanx, Native American, Latin American Studies, East Asian Studies, Asian American Studies, Global Studies & Social Impact, and/or kindred fields. See full position listing for more details.
Required Qualifications & Education:
- Looking for individuals with a strong interest in working with a diverse body of undergraduate students who have expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Latinx and/or Chicanx Studies, Native American/Indigenous Studies, Latin American Studies, East Asian Studies, Asian American Studies, Global Studies & Social Impact, and kindred fields.
- Must have completed at least 18 credits of graduate level training in the area to be taught and/or have significant tested professional experience in the subject area.
- Most courses require in-person instruction on the Allendale Campus.
- Experience and/or interest in online and/or hybrid teaching is also welcomed.
Preferred Qualifications & Education:
- Master's Degree or other, applicable advance degree.
Salary: The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline: The review process will begin on May 1, 2022 and continue until the position is filled. The posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
How to Apply: Apply online using this link. Please submit a a cover letter addressing qualifications and your motivation to teaching in teaching undergraduate students within your area of expertise and a resume or curriculum vitae. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.