Job Summary: Responsible for overseeing gymnasium services and activities.
Essential Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at a high level. Not all possible tasks are included. Other additional departmental duties may be assigned by the Manager or Supervisor of the department.
- Oversee gymnasium services including special projects as assigned as well as gymnasium maintenance, inventory of equipment, as well as set-up and breakdown of events;
- Maintain surveillance during games, activities;
- Facilitate seating and set up for gym rental, as necessary;
- Build and maintain positive relationships with members and staff;
- Answer inquiries from participants and provides information;
- Reports and monitors all mechanical and equipment problems;
- Engage members and ensure the building and grounds policies and rules are maintained;
- Ensures cleanliness and safety of facilities and equipment;
- Available to work night and weekends.
SupervisoryResponsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- A valid driver’s license issued by a state other than Louisiana is acceptable for application; however, once an employment offer is extended for a position, an applicant will have thirty (30) days to obtain the required Louisiana license. Failure to obtain a Louisiana driver’s license will disqualify an applicant from permanent employment in any position.
- Ability to pass physical, drug screen, and criminal background check.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Jobholders must be legally able to work in the United States.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to vendors, supervisors, the general public, and other employees of the Lafourche Parish Government.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written and oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately noisy.
Click APPLY NOW to submit your application today!
Lafourche Parish Government is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.