LAFOURCHE PARISH SCHOOL BOARDThibodaux, LA
MISSION, VISION AND BELIEF
Lafourche Parish public schools strive to offer exemplary academic, career, co-curricular and extra-curricular programs to develop in all students a strong sense of responsibility, citizenship, and respect for others in a safe and nurturing environment.
Lafourche Parish public schools are committed to helping all students become lifelong learners, realize their full potential, appreciate the relevance of their education, and become empowered for success.
1. Education is the first priority.
2. All children can learn.
3. Open and honest communication builds trust.
4. High expectations must be set for everyone.
5. Efficient and effective fiscal management is imperative.
6. Collaboration with parents and community agencies reduces barriers to learning.
7. Early childhood programs enable students to come to school prepared to learn.
8. Shared decision-making and accountability enhance school effectiveness and increases student achievement.