Elementary School Teacher
Full Time, Elementary Level School Teacher
Commence, Term 1 year
New Vision Learning Academy is an expanding independent school with small classes in a professional atmosphere, a strong moral code, and family values.
The school is dedicated to encouraging each individual to achieve their best within this small, caring family environment. We are currently accepting applications for a full time elementary school teacher.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be enthusiastic, passionate about teaching and able to demonstrate a genuine care for the individual students
- Prepared to plan, develop, and teach programs that cater for the needs of each individual child in their care
- Able to incorporate a variety of teaching and learning strategies
- Able to maintain open communications with parents and work with colleagues in building and maintaining a supportive and encouraging team environment
- Keep abreast of educational development
- Keep accurate and updated ongoing records and to prepare reports
- Performance Assessment
- The teacher’s performance assessment is based on 5 key areas:
- School improvement and student performance
- Professional development
- Parental communication and involvement
Education & Qualifications
We are looking for an applicant who:
- Has excellent interpersonal skills
- Has excellent organizational skills
- Is experienced in working with all students including those with special needs
- Is certified for grades 1-6 and holds a valid certificate issued by the Board of Elementary and Secondary Education, State of Louisiana.
Applicants are subject to a background check. Applicants must have the required education and qualifications mentioned above. Applications must include full curriculum vitae, valid Louisiana Teaching Certificate, Driver’s License, Social Security Card, any supporting documents, and at least three current references.