Adjunct Nursing Program Clinical Instructor
Adjunct Nursing Program Clinical Instructor (as needed – clinical schedules vary)
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in nursing
• Faculty without a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) may be employed for one year and
then are required to complete a BSN completion program OR Master of Science in Nursing
(MSN) program within five years.
• Part time faculty without a graduate degree in nursing shall report to a master’s prepared
• Master’s Degree in Nursing recommended. BSN required.
• A minimum of two years clinical experience in medical surgical nursing or specialty area
to provide clinical instruction.
• Current New Mexico License, or a compact state license, or eligibility to obtain a New
Mexico license to practice as a registered nurse.
• Successful experience in teaching at the college level or providing nursing student clinical
instruction is preferred.
• The candidate must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong clinical
skills, and reasoning, understanding of student clinical evaluation and outcomes.
• A demonstrated commitment to the community college and nursing philosophy of
• In addition, the candidate must have an appreciation for and understanding of the
unique needs of students in both academic and vocational disciplines.
Rank: Instructor or Assistant Professor DOE
Tenure Status: Part-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary: Hourly wage commensurate with education and experience
General Information of Campus:
Since 1950, Southeast New Mexico College formerly NMSU Carlsbad has been serving Carlsbad,
Eddy County, and southeast New Mexico with affordable education and a community-minded
approach to preparing students for success in their careers. We take pride in our diverse group
of students, faculty, and staff members. With our variety of associate degrees and certificates,
SENMC is here to help you pursue your educational goals. From business to nursing and welding
to history, we’ll assist you in professional development, transfer to a 4-year university with an
Associate degree, personal enrichment, distance/online learning, and adult basic education—
all at an inexpensive cost and convenient schedule that fits into your life.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Under the general supervision of the nursing program director or designated nursing
faculty mentor, the successful applicant will have part-time, as needed, clinical nursing
responsibilities in the areas of medical surgical, psychiatric, or maternal/child nursing (as
• Teaching assignments will include student patient assignments, clinical supervision,
counseling and evaluation, pre- and post-conference student sessions, and grading of
• Clinical teaching assignments will be based upon an hourly wage accounting for
preparation, instruction, evaluation, counseling, and grading.
• The successful candidate will be expected to assume clinical and adjunct nursing duties
and responsibilities required of nursing faculty, including evening and weekend
instruction if needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to accomplish organization objectives by organizing and monitoring work
• Proficiency in MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
• Established leadership skills including the ability to manage stakeholder groups; ability
to work collaboratively with multiple partners, including employers, community
colleges, government entities, policy decision makers, community-based non-profit
organizations, job seekers and other key stakeholders
• Excellent communication skills; keen appreciation for follow up, follow through, and
attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and without supervision
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including writing, editing and making
presentations to groups and individuals.
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Southeast New Mexico College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated
to excellence through diversity. SENMC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
dedicated to excellence through diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicap/disability, Vietnam era/disabled
veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other non-job related criteria.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Submit Resume/CV, Cover letter, Three (3) references, and unofficial transcripts to
email@example.com. Finalists will be asked to demonstrate their teaching skills during the interview