School Readiness Aide
Tableland Services, Inc. ~ Community Action Partnership for Somerset County is accepting applications for the the position of School Readiness Aide.
This position is responsible to meet and maintain staff ratios and to provide a safe environment in the Early Childhood Education classroom.
1. Maintain appropriate staff ratios in the classroom.
• Be present to cover during Lead Teacher preparation, planning and/or break times
• Be present to cover during Assistant Teacher preparation, planning and/or break times
• Be aware of daily schedule and classroom activities
• Substitute in the classroom as necessary
2. Assist in maintaining cleanliness of and safety in the classroom.
• Assist with the needs of the children in all facets of caring for the child and to accomplish developmentally appropriate benchmarks
• Assist in safety checks as necessary
• Assist in clean-up or sanitation of classroom or materials
3. Provide educational opportunities to children.
• Assist in learning center, small group or large group activities
• Assist in assessing or documenting information about children
4. Attend meetings and trainings to further develop potential of self and the organization.
• Attend all scheduled trainings
• Attend meetings/trainings on-time
5. Prepare and submit paperwork.
• Submit paperwork to office within assigned deadlines
OTHER DUTIES OF JOB
1. Must be able to lift 40 pounds
2. Ensure children’s safety through sight sound and mobility
3. Must pass initial and periodic physical exam
4. Eat meals with children as part of the learning environment
5. Perform other related duties as required
6. Must maintain confidentiality of children, families and staff
7. Follow established agency policies, safety standards, and applicable regulations
Supervision is received from the Education Managers
• High School Diploma or GED
EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING
• CDA preferred
• CDA will be required within two years of start date of employment as an SRA
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
• FBI, Act 33/34 Clearances
• CPR Certification
• First Aid Certification
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Click "apply" to submit your resume today!