Admission Assistant #3764F-04-22
$14.77 - $16.76 Hourly
Admissions & Prospective Student Services
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. with occasional weekends (advance notice given)
Tulsa Community College is committed to creating equitable and inclusive work environments to support the success of the full range of our employees. We believe that employees who feel valued and respected will create policies, programs, practices and services to effectively meet the needs and exceed the expectations of our increasingly diverse student populations. We encourage candidates to apply who have demonstrated capacity to create inclusive work environments, to work effectively on increasingly diverse teams, and to serve the increasingly diverse college community. We are committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our students, but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our community.
Complement the work of Admission Counselors and Recruiters by reading, reviewing, and processing TCC applications for admission. Manage the application queue and process applications for admission within the criteria of the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education and Tulsa Community College policy and procedures. The Admissions Assistant is knowledgeable and helpful to students in all areas of admission and application requirements.
1. Process admission applications of new and returning students within the criteria of the OSRHE and within TCC procedures. Respond to student questions regarding admission and admission application.
2. Guide students through special admission procedures and process special admission applications according to College policy.
3. Understand admission policy and procedure. Effectively and appropriately communicate policy, procedure, and available options to applicants, students, parents, and internal and external stakeholders.
4. Collaborate with key enrollment stakeholders to assist with admission workshops and events.
5. Lead internal and external trainings regarding admission application process.
Associate's degree or equivalent education in Psychology, Education, or a related field.
One year of related experience.
Effective interpersonal and communication skills to successfully interact with diverse individuals and groups in person, by telephone, and via email.
Experience providing customer service, customized to meet the needs of individual users.
Experience maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
Experience with Microsoft Office 365.
Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Education, or a related field.
Experience in higher education.
Experience with Ellucian Banner and Technolutions Slate.
Tulsa Community College