Assistant Chief Human Resources Officer #4918F-05-22
Assistant Chief Human Resources Officer
$91,488.00 - $106,641.00 Annually
Monday-Friday 8-5. Evenings and weekends as required.
Tulsa Community College is committed to creating equitable and inclusive work environments to support the success of the full range of our employees. We believe that employees who feel valued and respected will create policies, programs, practices and services to effectively meet the needs and exceed the expectations of our increasingly diverse student populations. We encourage candidates to apply who have demonstrated capacity to create inclusive work environments, to work effectively on increasingly diverse teams, and to serve the increasingly diverse college community. We are committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our students, but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our community.
Provides leadership and consultation to manage high-level projects, ongoing operations, process improvement, and research and analytics within the Human Resources Department. Coordinates the creation and implementation of clear and consistent policies that strengthen employee retention and recruitment. Supports the Chief Human Resources Officer by serving as Assistant Chief of the Human Resources Department. This role will provide direct supervision of the Human Resources department as needed to support the Chief Human Resources Officer.
This is a Safety Sensitive position pursuant to Oklahoma Statute OKLA. STAT. tit. 63, § 427.8 (2020).
1. Directly participate in or lead projects as determined by the Chief Human Resources Officer.
2. Oversee the maintenance, execution, and enhancement of the college's employee compensation program to ensure competitiveness and internal equity.
3. Analyze the effectiveness of existing compensation policies and processes across the college. Oversee the consistent review and update of college policies under the direction of the Chief Human Resources Officer.
4. Provide project management and change management consultation and support to Human Resources stakeholders.
5. Consult with administrators, committees, or task force chairs to design effective strategies for increasing effectiveness and timely completion of priority projects.
6. Review processes and procedures in academic Human Resources for efficiency and effectiveness and oversee improvements.
7. Regularly provide recommendations for alignment of project resources with strategic goals.
Bachelor's degree in Education, Business Administration, Communications, Human Relations, or a related field.
5 years of progressively responsible experience leading cross-functional teams and complex projects or programs.
Experience with process improvement, oversight of high-impact program operations, and policy development in Human Resources or a related field.
Evidence of responsiveness to and understanding of the racial, socioeconomic, academic, and cultural diversity within the urban community college student and employee population.
Ability to be dynamic and forward-thinking, possess a collaborative leadership style, and have a commitment to innovation and continuous improvement.
Ability to lead teams to goal achievement.
Ability to travel between TCC campuses.
Ability to work outside of normal operations hours and on the weekend as needed.
PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, or PMP certification.
Master's degree in Education, Business Administration, Communications, Human Relations, or a related field.
Experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining a complex compensation plan.
Tulsa Community College