Science Lab Coordinator #4103F-03-22
Science Lab Coordinator
$16.30 - $18.54 Hourly
School of Science & Mathematics
Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
To be determined
Tulsa Community College is committed to creating equitable and inclusive work environments to support the success of the full range of our employees. We believe that employees who feel valued and respected will create policies, programs, practices and services to effectively meet the needs and exceed the expectations of our increasingly diverse student populations. We encourage candidates to apply who have demonstrated capacity to create inclusive work environments, to work effectively on increasingly diverse teams, and to serve the increasingly diverse college community. We are committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our students, but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our community.
Manage operational services, according to established procedures, for the Biology, Chemistry, and Physical Science laboratories on multiple campuses.
This is a Safety Sensitive position pursuant to Oklahoma Statute OKLA. STAT. tit. 63, § 427.8 (2020).
1. Prepare and set up materials, solutions, and equipment for weekly labs as outlined in the semester preparation schedule and as delegated by Faculty Lab Coordinator.
2. Perform cleaning and general maintenance of weekly labs, lab facility, glassware, and equipment.
3. Assist Faculty Lab Coordinator in the creation of and staff adherence to policies and procedures related to lab operations. Create and maintain lab operations documents on shared drive.
4. Assist the Faculty Lab Coordinator with managing employee compliance with all safety policies and procedures. Train new lab assistants related to all lab and safety operations.
5. Manage student lab safety agreement process for on campus and online lab courses.
6. Manage the equipment, chemicals, assets, and supplies in all science laboratories and associated preparatory areas.
7. Maintain chemical inventory and hazardous waste inventory. Coordinate chemical disposal for hazardous and expired chemicals on multiple campuses.
8. Report, document, and manage facilities concerns, collaborating with key stakeholders as necessary for resolution.
9. Prepare student lab kits for online students.
10. Assist the Faculty Lab Coordinator in managing laboratory staff on multiple campuses.
Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biology, or a related field.
Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Ability to perform duties on own initiative with limited supervision.
Ability to travel between TCC Campuses.
Experience in laboratory supervision, compliance, and safety.