Acquisitions Coordinator (Part-Time)
The University of Jamestown is accepting applications for a part-time Acquisitions Coordinator (24 hours per week). Reporting to the Director of Libraries, the Acquisitions Coordinator's primary responsibilities are the accurate acquisitions and processing of library resources, maintenance and monitoring of the library materials bookkeeping and assisting the Director in various administrative tasks. This position is vacant and is available immediately.
* Bachelor's degree
* Two or more years of related experience
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Demonstrated skills using EXCEL databases, including the creation and use of spreadsheets and the ability to compute percentages and create formulas
* Ability to adapt to change and learn new applications
* Ability to prioritize work and use good time management
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and in a collaborative team setting
1. Maintain acquisitions procedures and update procedural instructions as needed/requested
2. Check ownership search to avoid duplicate purchases, determine vendor availability, and compare costs of requests for purchasing
3. Order all library materials and supplies, and maintain databases of purchases
4. Record and reconcile the library expenditure and deposit transactions which includes encumbering money to appropriate accounts, preparing purchase requests and invoices to be paid
5. Manage the library's Amazon seller account under the guidance of the Director of Libraries
6. Provide reports and survey statistics as needed/requested under the guidance of the Director of Libraries
7. Assist the Director of Libraries in a variety of administrative tasks such as recording library staff meeting minutes, sending work requests to other UJ departments such as IT, Physical Plant, and food services
8. Provide essential library customer services to UJ students, staff and faculty
9. Collaborate with one to two library events with other library staff or faculty
10. Work at least one evening shift per week
11. Other duties as assigned
About the University
Established as Jamestown College in 1883 by members of the Presbyterian church, The University of Jamestown is a private, liberal arts university granting Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, and Bachelor of Science in Nursing degrees. Graduate programs master's degrees in Education, Leadership, and Clinical Counseling and doctoral degrees in Physical Therapy (DPT) and Clinical Research (PhD).
The University of Jamestown is an AA/EO employer.