Event Services Manager - University Center
The University Center at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater seeks an Event Services Manager (Customer Service Manager, DS015)
Academic staff positions are provided fixed term appointments with annual renewals unless otherwise noted. Reappointment for subsequent terms is dependent upon performance, university funding and external forces.
The Event Services Manager assists in implementing various events and programs by working directly with, training, and scheduling the technology crew (Tech Crew). Works with, specifies, and maintains sound, lighting, audio visual (AV) and other technical presentation systems and trains staff to operate these systems in a variety of campus settings. Serves as a staff member for University Center (UC) Reservations and reports to the Assistant Director for Facilities. This position requires a mix of day and evening hours based on office and event staffing needs.
General supervision is received from the UC Assistant Director for Facilities
Supervision is exercised over student staff
- Bachelor's Degree in Operations, Communications, Arts Management, Safety Studies, Audio Engineering, or related field OR 3 years of professional audio, AV system, and lighting installation, maintenance, and operation experience
- Experience and technical knowledge of operation, design, maintenance, and installation of audio, lighting, and AV technologies
- Excellent communication skills sufficient to express ideas and agreements concisely and persuasively, both orally and in writing, to a variety of constituencies
- Experience in planning, implementing and evaluating educationally purposeful safe events
- Experience supervising student employees
- Teaching experience
- Avixa CTS Technology Certification
- Experience with 25Live software
- Experience working with multicultural (underrepresented race/ethnic) and disadvantaged (first generation, low socio-economic status) and underrepresented populations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Willingness and ability to be an active participant in following applicable safety rules and regulations including necessary training and drills
- Ability to interact respectfully with people from diverse socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Assist the Assistant Director for Facilities with equipment servicing, ordering, budgeting, and resources inventory and reporting
- Design, support, install, and maintain UC AV systems
- Participate in ongoing AV technology professional development
- Hire, train, schedule, and oversee Tech Crew regarding building and event management, related audio, lighting, AV, and related presentation systems and software
- Conduct weekly staff meetings and training for Tech Crew
- Serves as a member of the UC Reservations Office staff.
- Assists with events sponsored by the department, facilitation of fall & spring training, hiring, scheduling, supervising & evaluation of student employees
- Attends weekly building use, staff, and other meetings as assigned
- Assist with the coordination of UC and campus opening activities
- Assists with event support when reservation volume indicates additional staffing or expertise
- Assists the Assistant Director for Facilities with UC facility general quality control issues (spot check setups, signage, cleanliness, postings, and other items as needed)
- Assists Assistant Director for Facilities providing special event advising to customers and clients
- Serves as back up to the Assistant Director for Facilities
- Participate in training on campus 25Live room scheduling system and serve as emergency backup to the UC Reservationist as needed
- Serve as staff for events sponsored by the department, and other duties as assigned. Duties include lifting AV equipment, working at heights, and driving university vehicles
- Serves on the committees and events as assigned, ie: UC Building Use, UC Staff, UC Programming, Warhawk Welcome, Warhawks at Night
- Assist in planning, implementing and evaluating educationally purposeful safe events
- Completes other duties as assigned
Founded in 1868, UW–Whitewater is one of eleven comprehensive universities in a public higher education system that also includes two doctoral institutions and a statewide Extension. UW-Whitewater’s main campus is located in Whitewater, with a branch campus in Rock County, in the city of Janesville. Together, these campuses form a preeminent academic institution driven by the pursuit of knowledge, powered by a spirit of innovation, and focused on transforming lives. UW-Whitewater’s campuses are located conveniently near Milwaukee, Madison, and Chicago, and thus offer the advantage of beautiful small-town environments with easy access to the cultural and commercial opportunities of major metropolitan areas.
The Warhawk family — led by caring faculty and staff — is devoted to student success within a broad range of academic programs offered at the associate, bachelor, master, and doctoral levels. These include both on-campus and online programs, and span the disciplines, from the theoretical to the applied, and encompass study in the arts, business, education, humanities, natural sciences, social sciences, technology, and professional and interdisciplinary programs.
UW-Whitewater has a special mission within the UW System to serve students with disabilities and, as such, embraces the principles of universal design and is one of the most accessible campuses in the nation. The campuses have more than 200 student organizations and UW-Whitewater’s intercollegiate athletic teams compete at the NCAA Division-III level. UW-Whitewater is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse campus environment, building a diverse faculty and staff with expertise and interest in serving students with diverse needs, backgrounds, ethnicities, abilities and other distinct characteristics in respectful, sensitive and understanding ways. The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and actively seeks and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans.
Click apply for more information or to submit your information today!