Special Education Instructional Aide
Full time Special Education Instructional Aide – Three positions available for the 2022-2023 school year. This position requires a valid Illinois Paraprofessional license.
- Paraprofessional Licensure.
- Interest in the field of education.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Shall work with individual students to reinforce learning, develop study/organizational skills, and when appropriate, support learning at community sites.
- Shall assist teachers in acquiring, duplicating, and distributing special materials for student use such as class notes and enlarged reading materials/study guides/tests and other specialized materials.
- Shall carry out the directives from the classroom teachers in producing specialized materials.
- Shall provide personal assistance (dressing, feeding and toileting) to students when appropriate.
- Shall read tests and other written material to students when directed.
- Shall provide behavioral support for IEP students in general education settings, resource settings, and pull-out special education classes.
- Shall perform clerical duties assigned by the department chair or supervising teacher.
- Shall assist in data gathering, monitoring, and record keeping.
- Shall perform all other duties as assigned by the department chair and/or supervising teacher.
Click to apply with your resume today!
Washington Community High School #308 Employment Vacancies – Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.