Business Teacher (2022/23 school year)
Secondary School Teaching/Business Education
Gates Chili CSD
The Gates Chili Central School District is dedicated to fostering curiosity, growth, and diversity within our school community. The District celebrates and embraces differences and strives to dismantle exclusion, bias, racism, and prejudice of all forms.
Position: Business Teacher
Purpose: Under the general supervision of the Building Administrators and the Assistant Superintendent for Instruction, to facilitate student success and growth in academic and interpersonal skills through implementing district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of individual students and by creating a flexible, diverse, culturally safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parent(s)/guardian(s) and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
- Develops and administers school curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives
- Promotes a classroom environment that is diverse and culturally safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials according to NYS Standards
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed
- Instructs students in the principles of the “Spartan Way” and other subject matters
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending professional development opportunities
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws
- Encourages parent(s)/guardian(s) involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and families
- Ensures that student conduct conforms with the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom
- Coordinates with other professional staff members to evaluate and assess curriculum, and participates in faculty meetings and committees
- Selects and requests appropriate books, instructional aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records
- Supervises students in activities that take place out of the classroom during the school day, including activities involving school transportation.
- Administers standardized tests in accordance with District testing programs
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Administrator and other district office administrators.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiates instruction based upon student learning styles
- Knowledge of school curriculum and concepts
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed
- Ability to organize and coordinate work
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and families
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation regarding performance, professional growth and cultural awareness
- Ability to engage culturally diverse students
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others internal and external stakeholders
Certification/License: NYS Certification in Business
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in related discipline applicable to teaching assignment; Master’s degree in related area preferred
Experience: Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade levels a plus; Experience working with a diverse population of students desired
Demands, Hazards: Works in standard office and school building environments.
Equipment: Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
Travel: Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.